Search Results for: content
Theresa Cantley Branding, Build a Better Business, Business, Marketing business strategy, consistent content, content creation, content tips, editorial calendar, entrepreneur tips, weekly content plan, writing content
If you’ve been following me for a while or have ever worked with me you know I’m all about systems. Not computer systems and software (although I’m called the widget Queen for a reason) but systems that make life and business easier. As I once heard, exercise should be hard, life should be easy. Especially when it comes to creating consistent weekly content that connects to your customer. I know, I know…this is one of the areas that people dread talking about. Planning weekly content and consistently creating it is one of the things I’ve seen people struggle with the most and I always get asked, “how in the world do you plan content out for the week? I have enough trouble figuring out what to post each day!”
When there are so many things going on in your brain (I know there are lots of things going through my brain), you’ve got tons of work to do, there’s so much happening in your life, sometimes it’s hard to write content because you either end up with a creative block or you’re running around at the last minute with the thought “What the heck do I post about?” Inevitably, we end up posting something completely random, or you post something just to post it, and guess what?? People can totally see right through that. So what do you do?
You plan it out and batch it together!
My simple rules to get you started include: brainstorm it, plan it, create it, schedule it, and breathe. Seriously, it works!! No matter what type of content you’re putting together you always want to make sure you are listening to your audience. This goes for social posts, emails, blog posts, etc. Planning your content in advance and listening to what your audience is craving helps you to be a part of the conversation and not an interruption. When you post random stuff, you’re interrupting the conversation so when we listen and plan it out in advance we can create really good content that really makes an impact. And that’s the goal, right?!
So, here are my five simple steps to help you get started planning your content:
- Plan uninterrupted “create before you consume” time into your schedule on Sunday or Monday to plan out your content for the week. When you plan your content for the week, I usually tell people to use a Sunday or a Monday, find some uninterrupted time in your schedule, and spend the time creating out your plan for what you want to post. This is a time in which you turn your phone and social media off, so that you can have complete focus on the task at hand. If you’re really motivated…you can actually plan content out for an entire month (trust me, I’ve done it and it feels AH-MAZING!!)
- Pick five to seven topics that relate to your business that you would want to talk about.These topics should reflect what your brand is about and the topics should also reflect what’s important to you. So let’s say your business is marketing and branding. You also love gardening, you love fitness, you love inspiring quotes, and you like to talk business strategy. So those are the topics you’ll weave into your posts.
- Do a brainstorm of content ideas. If you work with me you know, I love a good brainstorm! When you are doing your brainstorm of content ideas, keep in mind the intention behind what you’re doing. Ask, “Is this representative of me? Is this representative of my brand?” Think about holidays related to your business, events you have coming up and promotions you will be running. One thing that I do is as ideas come to me I write them done or take a note on my phone. I’m always collecting ideas for content so when it’s time to brainstorm…it’s easy to pull great ideas.
- Plan and create your content. Decide on your frequency – will you post five days a week, or six? How often you’ll be posting each week depends on what you can stay consistent with, and also what’s going to work well with the people you are serving. Plan out your topics using your brainstorm. Maybe you have an event and promotion going on. Maybe you’ll be talking about specific artisans, how to do something, or you’ll write about something inspirational.
5. Schedule and post your content! The next step…Batch, create and schedule all of your posts and that’s it! You can use a scheduler like Hootsuite or MeetEdgar and even an app like Plan or Later for Instagram posts. If you can’t create all of your content for the week (posts, emails, blog posts, etc) no problem! You at least have your topics picked for the week and you’re ready to go!
Get my FREE Guide “5 Simple Ways to Plan Your Content Weekly” for easy, quick reference!
Here’s a quick review: Plan uninterrupted time, brainstorm it out, create it, schedule it, and just breathe. I hope this helped you – five easy steps that you can do to create content on a weekly basis. If you want more information about creating more in-depth plans, and creating content, check out the rest of my website. I’ve got a lot of great resources here.
Take care, and I’ll see you soon!
Do you ever feel like you’re running, running and running and not sure what you’re actually running towards? We only have so many hours in a day and now more than ever there are so many more things to do to get our message heard. If you’re like me (and if you’re reading this I think you are) you have an important message to share with this world and you want your message to be heard…and seen.
Marketing today is different than it was years ago. There are social media posts, email campaigns, lead magnets and the list goes on and on of things we need to consistently create (that word “consistent” sneaks up a lot.) At times it can get really overwhelming and can be confusing. When I work with clients I often get comments:
”I don’t know what to post”
“I have a creative block and can’t think of anything to write about”
“Since I can’t think of anything to write about I’m just going to copy XXX”
What happens is people end up posting just about anything with no thought behind it (which is super transparent) just to get something out there and ultimately they end up wanting throw the towel in on creating anything.
Put the towel down and step in a little closer…
The posts you create, the content you write, the things you put out there are all a part of you and part of what makes your brand unique. Your brand is made up of more than just your logo, your fonts and some colors. It’s your unique experiences, your unique perspective, the impact you make and how you want people to feel about you and your business even when you’re not there.
If you struggle to create content that connects and is true to you and your business, you’re not alone out there. Everyone goes through it. If you’re one of those people that is just posting just to post (even pictures of your cat), not building your email list or creating blog posts because you think you don’t have anything interesting to say…THINK AGAIN! I promise you this, while you still have breath, you will always have something interesting to say, share and talk about.
The most important principal when we are creating content is to remember that your content should be able to tell a story and communicate with the people you want to serve by building a “trust” or “like” factor first that will eventually blossom into building a super awesome relationship. Your brand should give people a feeling of who you are, how you can help and what you are about without you even being there.
So here’s my Top 7 tips to help you create better content that is authentic and connects to the people you ultimately want to help:
Tip #1 – Focus on what your unique strengths and what you do best
Tip #2 – Communicate YOU in all you do. No one has the same set of experiences that you have, no one shares the same perspective that you have either
Tip#3 – Know who you are speaking to. Who is your ideal customer? What impact can you make?
Tip#4 – Consistency is KEY. You want to make sure you are communicating on a consistent basis AND you also want to make sure your message is consistent. Consistent branding and color palettes are also super important
Tip#5 – Teach from your Experiences
Tip#6 – Believe in what you are doing with your whole heart
Tip#7 – Always think about the value you are providing to others
So let’s get this content party started!
Download my “7 Easy Steps To Create Authentic Connect That Stands Out From the Rest” for more on these tips and strategies you can start implementing today in your business. Once you download this FREE guide you’ll be on your way to creating amazing content on a consistent basis.
HINT – There are also some PRO Tips and a special BONUS Tip too!
“A brand is a set of expectations, memories, stories and relationships that, taken together, account for a consumer’s decision to choose one product or service over another” – Seth Godin
When people think of creating a great brand, they so often want to start with the visual part of it – the logo, colors, and fonts they want to use. I know when I started my business, that’s exactly what I started with as well. Business owners want to get right into “I need to get a business card, I need to get a logo, I should go look at the psychology of colors.”
There’s so much more to it than that.
Besides my “one to one” Business and Marketing Consulting Services, you also have a chance to work with me virtually! I’ve created simple, easy to follow courses, actionable guides and e-books to choose from, which will help to get you started on your journey toward success.
Reboot Your Business
Reboot Your Business is a quick, easy guide to help you gain clarity and take actionable steps towards moving your business forward. There are 4 quick lessons, each includes a video and downloadable guide to walk you through proven exercises that I do with my “one to one” coaching clients to help them build a framework they can use anytime they feel stuck. If you’re an Entrepreneur or Small Business Owner who is feeling stuck or has hit a plateau in your business this is for you!
Master Your Motivation Online Training
Motivation is the key to make anything and everything possible. Yet, so many people struggle to stay motivated on a daily basis – to achieve their goals, to get things done, and to feel fulfilled. Whether you are starting a business, you already have a business but feel stuck or burned out, or if you’re simply trying to achieve long-held goals, learning how to honor the struggle and “how to stay motivated” is the foundation for everything!
In “Master Your Motivation,” you will gain clarity on what is truly important to you, learn valuable skills with tools that I use in my own personal practice, and develop super-charged daily rituals that will help you to feel great and stay laser focused. Each module includes 1) a printable worksheet to guide you through each lesson 2) Video instruction from me to give you sustainable ways to implement each lesson and 3) Downloadable audio files for each lesson. The modules included in “Master Your Motivation” include:
- Create Good Daily Habits
- Removing Distractions
- Create a Motivation Mindset
- Learning How to Stay Accountable
- BONUS – Create an Environment for Success with Actionable Goals
Thank you for registering for “Reboot Your Business”! I’m so excited for you to get refocused and start moving your business forward.
Your login and information is on it’s way to your inbox but in the meantime make sure you do the following…
- Make sure to check your email for your login information. If you’re new here you will be given a login and password that you can change (if you choose)
- Head on over to my blog for more inspiration, Marketing and Business tips plus much more!
- Make sure you visit My Favorites page for all of my favorite tools, apps and software that will help make running your business a breeze
I look forward to seeing you inside!
Thank you for partnering with me for the “Get Focused Deep Dive”! I am excited to connect with you and will be in touch within 48 hours to schedule your Discovery Meeting.
If you haven’t done so already you can also…
- Download my FREE “6 Smart Steps to Re-Energize Your Business Possible” guide
- Check out my latest blog posts for some inspiration
- Browse around “My Favorites” page…they don’t call me the “Gadget Queen” for nothing.
- Follow me on Facebook, Instagram and YouTube for more inspirations, cool new tips and how to’s to make your Marketing irresistible.
I’m glad you made it here! Investing in you is so very important to the growth and success of your business. In the Entrepreneur Journey you can do it alone or we can do it together…my vote is for receiving help and doing it together. As one of my mentors once said, “Clarity comes from engagement, not thought.” So, if you’re ready to show up every day and do the work, please take a minute to fill out the below form so we can get started!
(Disclaimar: Each application will be reviewed and if approved we will contact you to set up a meeting. Meetings with Theresa will not be scheduled until this application form is received and reviewed.)
Did you know, setting up systems in your business will help you get more done in less time? When you systematize your work, you have a way that you do things, and you can just go from step to step to step, whether you’re doing it all or you’re outsourcing some of the work. It eliminates the chaos, helps you to be consistent in your business, and it can save you so much time.
Systems could include how you write and optimize blog posts, or how you curate content for social media posts, or even how you take someone who’s interested in a product or service you sell all the way to signing them up a new customer. It could also be how you process orders in a system and even something as simple as responding to email.
Here are some steps to get you started creating some easy systems in your business:
- Take a look at the things you do on a daily basis, and see what you can create systems for.
- Once you do that break it into actionable pieces that you potentially could teach someone. You can record the exact steps you do so you have a screen flow and a write up.
- The next step is to actually get it implemented and once that happens you will see that you gain so much time…and we all want more time, right!!?? Some of the systems I’ve created in my business have freed up 10 or 15 hours a week for me, time that I can spend doing other amazing things that I love…like dancing and actually going to get a pedicure
One of the most important “systems” I teach is how to create a morning routine that gets you set and ready to go for the day. You can do your morning routine, get your to-do list done, get your exercise out of the way, get your mind ready, and be ready to go in half an hour or 45 minutes. That system gets you ready and saves you time, and then you’re not worried about getting a workout in at the end of the day. So my advice, if you want to start creating systems to get you more time in a day, start with creating a morning routine that you can stick to consistently.
Take a look at the things you do repetitively and see what you can create systems for. You will learn that you can work less and do so much more. Systems get more done in less time!
Are you interested in learning how to create systems in your business to help you get more done?
Do you want to find a simple way to “master your inbox”?
Check out “My Favorites” page which lists all of my favorite resources to help you stay consistent and get things done in your business.
Are you a “Tea Time with T” insider?
If not, get in the know with new products, great Marketing tips, business strategy information and lots of inspiring tips to keep you motivated, energized and focused every day. Sign up today!
Have you ever had an idea for a new project, you’re all excited and then…Poof! You get a passing thought that tells you “it will never be as good as what is out there.” Or maybe you have an idea and you perfect the crap out of it and tell yourself “I’ll launch it if I can just get it right.” Whoa! Hold on there! I’ve been there, too many times to count and honestly what’s behind both of these is plain old, simple fear. In fact, these two thoughts kept me from starting something many, many years ago when the idea for my dream was first planted in my heart. You don’t need to have everything figured out and you don’t need to do everything right out of the gates. Starting small to grow your dream is actually a very smart thing and can propel you even faster than you think.