Search Results for: content
Theresa Cantley Branding, Build a Better Business, Business, Marketing business strategy, consistent content, content creation, content tips, editorial calendar, entrepreneur tips, weekly content plan, writing content
If you’ve been following me for a while or have ever worked with me you know I’m all about systems. Not computer systems and software (although I’m called the widget Queen for a reason) but systems that make life and business easier. As I once heard, exercise should be hard, life should be easy. Especially when it comes to creating consistent weekly content that connects to your customer. I know, I know…this is one of the areas that people dread talking about. Planning weekly content and consistently creating it is one of the things I’ve seen people struggle with the most and I always get asked, “how in the world do you plan content out for the week? I have enough trouble figuring out what to post each day!”
When there are so many things going on in your brain (I know there are lots of things going through my brain), you’ve got tons of work to do, there’s so much happening in your life, sometimes it’s hard to write content because you either end up with a creative block or you’re running around at the last minute with the thought “What the heck do I post about?” Inevitably, we end up posting something completely random, or you post something just to post it, and guess what?? People can totally see right through that. So what do you do?
You plan it out and batch it together!
My simple rules to get you started include: brainstorm it, plan it, create it, schedule it, and breathe. Seriously, it works!! No matter what type of content you’re putting together you always want to make sure you are listening to your audience. This goes for social posts, emails, blog posts, etc. Planning your content in advance and listening to what your audience is craving helps you to be a part of the conversation and not an interruption. When you post random stuff, you’re interrupting the conversation so when we listen and plan it out in advance we can create really good content that really makes an impact. And that’s the goal, right?!
So, here are my five simple steps to help you get started planning your content:
- Plan uninterrupted “create before you consume” time into your schedule on Sunday or Monday to plan out your content for the week. When you plan your content for the week, I usually tell people to use a Sunday or a Monday, find some uninterrupted time in your schedule, and spend the time creating out your plan for what you want to post. This is a time in which you turn your phone and social media off, so that you can have complete focus on the task at hand. If you’re really motivated…you can actually plan content out for an entire month (trust me, I’ve done it and it feels AH-MAZING!!)
- Pick five to seven topics that relate to your business that you would want to talk about.These topics should reflect what your brand is about and the topics should also reflect what’s important to you. So let’s say your business is marketing and branding. You also love gardening, you love fitness, you love inspiring quotes, and you like to talk business strategy. So those are the topics you’ll weave into your posts.
- Do a brainstorm of content ideas. If you work with me you know, I love a good brainstorm! When you are doing your brainstorm of content ideas, keep in mind the intention behind what you’re doing. Ask, “Is this representative of me? Is this representative of my brand?” Think about holidays related to your business, events you have coming up and promotions you will be running. One thing that I do is as ideas come to me I write them done or take a note on my phone. I’m always collecting ideas for content so when it’s time to brainstorm…it’s easy to pull great ideas.
- Plan and create your content. Decide on your frequency – will you post five days a week, or six? How often you’ll be posting each week depends on what you can stay consistent with, and also what’s going to work well with the people you are serving. Plan out your topics using your brainstorm. Maybe you have an event and promotion going on. Maybe you’ll be talking about specific artisans, how to do something, or you’ll write about something inspirational.
5. Schedule and post your content! The next step…Batch, create and schedule all of your posts and that’s it! You can use a scheduler like Hootsuite or MeetEdgar and even an app like Plan or Later for Instagram posts. If you can’t create all of your content for the week (posts, emails, blog posts, etc) no problem! You at least have your topics picked for the week and you’re ready to go!
Get my FREE Guide “5 Simple Ways to Plan Your Content Weekly” for easy, quick reference!
Here’s a quick review: Plan uninterrupted time, brainstorm it out, create it, schedule it, and just breathe. I hope this helped you – five easy steps that you can do to create content on a weekly basis. If you want more information about creating more in-depth plans, and creating content, check out the rest of my website. I’ve got a lot of great resources here.
Take care, and I’ll see you soon!
Do you ever feel like you’re running, running and running and not sure what you’re actually running towards? We only have so many hours in a day and now more than ever there are so many more things to do to get our message heard. If you’re like me (and if you’re reading this I think you are) you have an important message to share with this world and you want your message to be heard…and seen.
Marketing today is different than it was years ago. There are social media posts, email campaigns, lead magnets and the list goes on and on of things we need to consistently create (that word “consistent” sneaks up a lot.) At times it can get really overwhelming and can be confusing. When I work with clients I often get comments:
”I don’t know what to post”
“I have a creative block and can’t think of anything to write about”
“Since I can’t think of anything to write about I’m just going to copy XXX”
What happens is people end up posting just about anything with no thought behind it (which is super transparent) just to get something out there and ultimately they end up wanting throw the towel in on creating anything.
Put the towel down and step in a little closer…
The posts you create, the content you write, the things you put out there are all a part of you and part of what makes your brand unique. Your brand is made up of more than just your logo, your fonts and some colors. It’s your unique experiences, your unique perspective, the impact you make and how you want people to feel about you and your business even when you’re not there.
If you struggle to create content that connects and is true to you and your business, you’re not alone out there. Everyone goes through it. If you’re one of those people that is just posting just to post (even pictures of your cat), not building your email list or creating blog posts because you think you don’t have anything interesting to say…THINK AGAIN! I promise you this, while you still have breath, you will always have something interesting to say, share and talk about.
The most important principal when we are creating content is to remember that your content should be able to tell a story and communicate with the people you want to serve by building a “trust” or “like” factor first that will eventually blossom into building a super awesome relationship. Your brand should give people a feeling of who you are, how you can help and what you are about without you even being there.
So here’s my Top 7 tips to help you create better content that is authentic and connects to the people you ultimately want to help:
Tip #1 – Focus on what your unique strengths and what you do best
Tip #2 – Communicate YOU in all you do. No one has the same set of experiences that you have, no one shares the same perspective that you have either
Tip#3 – Know who you are speaking to. Who is your ideal customer? What impact can you make?
Tip#4 – Consistency is KEY. You want to make sure you are communicating on a consistent basis AND you also want to make sure your message is consistent. Consistent branding and color palettes are also super important
Tip#5 – Teach from your Experiences
Tip#6 – Believe in what you are doing with your whole heart
Tip#7 – Always think about the value you are providing to others
So let’s get this content party started!
Download my “7 Easy Steps To Create Authentic Connect That Stands Out From the Rest” for more on these tips and strategies you can start implementing today in your business. Once you download this FREE guide you’ll be on your way to creating amazing content on a consistent basis.
HINT – There are also some PRO Tips and a special BONUS Tip too!
It doesn’t matter what industry you’re in or what type of business you have, whether you have a physical business or an online business, or if you’re in the service industry… we’re all looking for ways to build our businesses and find new customers.
In today’s world, it’s easy to become overwhelmed with everything that’s out there that you can use to build your visibility and find your customers. And it can also get overwhelming when you think about the amount of people that are out there doing the same thing that you’re doing.
But guess what… there is only one you in this world!
There is only one person with the unique genius that you have. You’re the only one that has your experiences, gifts, stories and insights to share and no one else on this planet will ever have those.
People think that when it comes to running and building your business, it’s solely based on the products that you sell.
In reality, it’s not – what makes us unique is finding our distinction, finding our uniqueness and that is based on you. Our distinction and uniqueness come from our stories that we have and experiences that we’ve been through as well as the solutions that we provide to the customers we’re looking to find. It’s not solely about the products and services that you sell but it’s more about you, what you bring to your business and the value to you can provide to your customers.
The main question I get asked is how do we find our distinction and how do we discover what our uniqueness is?
This all comes down to three things – so get your pen and your paper out because you’re going to want to take some notes!
#1: Show up absolutely every day and connect. Don’t hide behind your screen or in the shadows because you’re not really sure what to do. Clarity comes from engagement not just simply thinking about it. So make sure you’re showing up every day and you’re connecting. Share your stories – stories that will connect you to your customers. Share things that have happened to you and that your customers might be struggling with. Listen to what people compliment you on – the more you show up every day and connect with people, the more you will hear these things. Remember the compliments and the questions you’re asked. Take notes – mental notes, written notes, voice memos – whatever it takes!
#2: Be uniquely you and be consistent. What makes you excited? What could you do absolutely every day, all day without even getting paid for it? What experiences do you have that you could help others with? What kind of personality do you have? What are things that people say about you that really make you unique because the last thing we want to be is anything else other than ourselves.
#3: What holes do you potentially see in your marketplace? What unique insights do you have that no one else has? We all have our unique perspectives and no two people really look at things exactly the same. What unique perspectives might you have about things in your industry? When we pull all these things together, that’s when we can find our distinction.
A bonus tip is to look for inspiration outside of our industry. Look for inspiration – it’s all around you! Look outside of your industry as to what’s going on and what people are doing. I’ve often found when I work with people that we can start discovering new ideas for their business in industries they never even thought of looking. How interesting would it be if you can take inspiration from what the automotive industry is doing to build their customer base and get information out about new cars and apply it to your own business. Draw inspiration from outside your industry!
The three things in review are:
- Show up every day and connect. Share your stories, listen to what people compliment you on and constantly ask you about.
- Be uniquely you and be consistent. What makes you excited and want to jump out of bed every day? What experiences have you had that can really help others and what solutions have you come up with?
- What holes do you potentially see in your marketplace? What are things people aren’t doing in your industry and what unique insights do you have that can’t be found any place else.
When you can answer these questions and put it together, you’ll discover the distinction you have and what makes you unique. This is how you can make the content you write and the products you put out there really stand out.
Then, don’t forget to look for inspiration outside of your industry because you never know what you’ll find!
In the end, there’s really no competition. Even if there are other people doing the same kind of thing you are, there is only one you and there only ever will be.
In order to make the most of our time together in our Discovery Session, please take a moment to fill out and submit the below form. You’ll then be directed to schedule your Discovery Session.
Don’t hold back, tell me everything that’s on your mind so I can better guide you towards achieving your goals.
I was asked the other day by a friend starting and building a business, “what is the best advice you have for me just starting out?”
What kind of marketing should I start with? What social media platform should I use? Should I get a logo and business cards?
My answer: Learn to trust yourself, trust the universe and be open to the concept of absolutely anything is possible. Learn to how to receive and not force things to happen (big mistake I made early on). Learn to detach from whatever outcome or result want to achieve and focus on BEing. If you don’t, you’ll always be chasing something that will continue to run away from you.
You can imagine the look on her face…what? No marketing strategy, no magic solution??
Here’s the truth. Building a business takes hard work, grit and determination like no other. The road gets tough and bumpy and you fall down…a lot. I realized recently that when I was first starting out I blocked the exact things I was trying to achieve and didn’t even realize I was doing it. I hustled hard, tried to figure things out myself and it took me way longer than it probably should have. And all it lead to was burn out, frustration and anxiety and feeling like I wasn’t getting anywhere.
Are you in that place right now? You’re working hard creating content, writing blog posts, greeting customers, scheduling your social posts so you stay consistent, working on learning FB Ads and failing miserably…and you feel like you’re just not getting anywhere.
Hey, I totally get it. At one point, I was there. The ember that started my fire to build my dream began to lose its spark. But I’m here to tell you that you’re different just like me. You’re a fighter and you don’t give up just like I didn’t give up.
You believe in yourself and if you’re ember is burning out it’s ok as long as when you rise, you rise up as the entire flame.
So here’s something to think about…
Imagine what you could do if you completely and totally believed in yourself. What if you let go of the stories you’ve been telling yourself that have kept you stuck and instead write a new story full of what’s possible. Imagine what could happen if you lived every moment of every day from the vision you have for your life and your business instead of what your current circumstances are. What if you could let go of the outcome your trying to achieve and just focus on BEing the person you need to be to get the results you want to get.
It’s totally possible and I know you are closer than you may think to achieving it. It takes grit and determination and completely living into what’s possible every single day.
So how about we trust the process, enjoy the journey and believe in ourselves.
Are you with me? I know you are, I believe in you. I’m here for you as you build the business of your dreams.
PS – If you’re looking to get started make sure to download my FREE guide for the “Top 10 Key Things to Grow Your Business“
Thank you for partnering with me for the “Deep Dive Strategy and Implementation Sessions”! I am excited to connect with you and will be in touch within 48 hours to schedule our first meeting.
If you haven’t done so already you can also…
- Download my FREE “6 Smart Steps to Re-Energize Your Business” guide
- Check out my latest blog posts for some inspiration
- Browse around “My Favorites” page…they don’t call me the “Gadget Queen” for nothing.
- Follow me on Facebook, Instagram and YouTube for more inspirations, cool new tips and how to’s to make your Marketing irresistible.
Welcome to Reboot Your Business!
In order to give you the best possible experience in the next 6 weeks I need to learn a little more about you.
Please take a moment to fill out and submit the below form and let’s get started!
Don’t hold back, tell me everything that’s on your mind so I can better guide you towards achieving your goals.
Thank you for registering as a VIP for “Reboot Your Business, 6 Week Small Business Intensive”! I’m so excited for you to get refocused and start moving your business forward.
Your login and information is on it’s way to your inbox but in the meantime make sure you do the following…
- Make sure to check your email for your login information. If you’re new here you will be given a login and password that you can change (if you choose)
- Schedule your first 1:1 call with me!!! You can do that here.
- Make sure you watch the “Welcome” video
- Join the private Facebook Group
- Head on over to my blog for more inspiration, Marketing and Business tips plus much more!
- Make sure you visit My Favorites page for all of my favorite tools, apps and software that will help make running your business a breeze
I look forward to seeing you inside!